The Parasio is in Porto Maurizio in the area between Piazza del Duomo, where there is the larger church of Liguria: the Cathedral of St. Maurice, at the top of the promontory.
It is the village with the largest number of historical monuments: just think of the Palazzo Pagliari of the fifteenth century, built on even older structures; the Palazzo Guarnieri of the seventeenth century, the house of San Leonardo, to the Church of St. Peter, to the convent of Santa Chiara, founded by Clare nuns in 1365, with the famous lodges that date back to 1714 and clearly visible even from those coming from San Remo on via Aurelia.

Full of corners, the Parasio offers great views both towards the mountains and the sea. Any visit is guided by several signs that inform visitors with extensive historical notes.